- Gil Sever
San Mateo, CA
Tel Aviv, Israel
Applitools was founded by software developers on a mission to shorten the release cycles of their product.
Before Applitools, there were plenty of excellent commercial and open-source tools that allowed you to test the functionality of your app through the UI, but there were no tools that allowed you to automatically test the look & feel and user experience of your app. That is, verifying that each UI element in each page appears in the right color, shape, position and size, and that it does not overlap or hide other UI elements.
Applitools has successfully built a vast tech-stack that solved the automated visual testing problem with the following features:
- AI-powered computer vision algorithms that emulate the human eye and brain, that can instantly analyze entire application pages and report differences only visible to human eye. Break down images into their layout and structure and automatically detect similar differences across different pages of your app running on different browsers and devices.
- Dozens of SDKs that allow developers and testers to easily add visual checkpoints to their existing tests in all major automation frameworks and programming languages.
- Robust backend servers that can process and store massive screenshots at infinite scale. Available both as cloud services and on-prem.
- A sophisticated web-app that allows you to easily inspect test results, zoom-in on visual changes and automatically group similar differences to only see unique ones.
- Integrations with leading CI systems, issue trackers and collaboration services.
Learn more about the company here.