Amazon Style Jungle Marketing
How to market content just like Amazon.com.
The Content Marketing Today Blog offers up six tips to get started using Amazon’s highly successful approach to content marketing:
- Offer free stuff: Amazon has long been offering book samples to entice sales. Free samples prove quality and keep customers coming back.
- Know your customers: Amazon creates special pages (with recommendations) for customers, based on buying and browsing preferences. Get to know what your customer value and meet those needs.
- Keep in touch with information that matters: Amazon sends out targeted emails with highly personalized information on products that are relevant to the reader. Target your customer outreach!
- Make it easy to buy more: Once you add an item to your cart, Amazon suggests relevant items that you might also like to buy. Make suggestions when customers are in buying mode!
- Create communities to engage users: User participation on Amazon.com includes Listmania, reviews, and product ratings. Open your site or your blog to participation by your prospects and customers.
- Help your vendors connect with your customers: Amazon makes it easy for authors to establish a presence on its site. If you’re selling other vendors products in your business, make it easy for your customers to connect with those vendors.
By emulating what superstar companies are doing to attract and retain customers, you can win without breaking the marketing bank!