Building Buzz when you’re not the Almighty IPod Creator
Apple is the superstar of supersonic product launches that make the six o’clock news and get plastered on the cover of every publication in the universe.
Your company can use some of the superstar tactics employed by Apple to create your own successful launches. Kissmetrics Marketing Blog presents the following seven Apple-istic ways to make your product launch a smashing success:
- Emphasize how the product affects people. Focus on how people will use your doodad, not on how many features it has.
- Build media buzz months before launch. Even if you fail to get any coverage, the media will know who you are come launch time. This sure beats a cold start.
- Revolutionize your business. Do something new, paint a new picture of what your industry will be. Dare to lead.
- Make a big deal. Throw an in person or online event to celebrate your product launch.
- Pre-sell the product. Take pre-orders. If pricing is uncertain, create some sort of update process for prospective buyers.
- Pretty it up. Release products customers want to show off. A professional design will pump up sales.
- Make it a secret. Take your best product and release very few details about it. Mystery breeds sales frenzy.
A deliberate product launch plan might not turn your product into the next IPad, but it will make your launch a buzz worthy event.
Miro’s Kate Syuma shares how the company’s growth team iterated smart to improve the user onboarding journey for their popular collaborative platform.