Easy Ways to Encourage Wellness
Employee Wellness programs are easy to implement and benefit everyone involved.
Employee Wellness events and programs are a relatively easy way to motivate healthy behaviors in the workplace. The Employee Wellness Blog writes extensively about preparation, benefits and communication of these fun programs in a recent entry. Wellness programs can improve overall health of employees and this may result in increased productivity, decreased absenteeism and improved profitability.
The key to success when it comes to Employee Wellness programs is participation, and the level of participation all depends on your company’s communication tactics.
The Employee Wellness Blog offers more than 20 ways to increase participation and get employees involved. Five inspiring Employee Wellness ideas include:
- Develop a sub-committee of staff members to help promote the program.
- Create a fitness-related contest. Distribute and promote through office mail.
- Send a weekly “fitness” voicemail to participant’s phones with encouraging messages.
- Provide cumulative progress reports that show how everyone is doing.
- Serve up a low-fat lunch selection once a week in the cafeteria.
Check out the full post for a lot more ways to pump up employee wellness at your workplace.
How do you find and hire a sales leader who can thrive in today’s rocky selling environment. Expert Amy Volas lays it out here.