How to Find Prospects for Your Business

Usually, a business can expect low single-digit sales turnarounds from inbound traffic.

This figure is based on a number of variables, so it does deviate quite a bit. According to sales strategist Chet Holmes, about 3 percent of your market is in active buying mode at any given moment.

What this means is, no matter what you’re selling, you’re only resonating with 3 percent of your target audience. The key, then, is to tap into this minute percentage, while looking for more buyers. This is best accomplished by classifying the other 97 percent of potential customers.

More buyers fit a profile that is characterized by being open to a sale, but not looking for one outright. And there is even another demographic that is hesitant to buy, but can be opened up. Attracting these audiences is what will separate you from competitors.  Sharpening your marketing strategy and widening your imaginary net is the way you will be able to land buyers outside of the 3 percent that is actively looking to purchase.

CA
Contributing Author

You might also like ...
Sales
After You Announce: How to Win With Usage-Based Pricing
Usage-based pricing (UBP) is about change. Once you have launched your pricing model, a lot will change, including the initial...
by Steven Forth
Sales
How to Announce: Crafting the Right Message for a Usage-Based Pricing Launch
This is the second in a three-part blog series on launching usage-based pricing. Check back in the coming weeks for...
by Steven Forth
Sales Enablement
The First Steps of Product-Led Sales: Finding the Right Leader, Building Out Teams, and Fostering Sales Culture From Scratch
When we first started talking about product-led growth (PLG) at OpenView, a lot of rhetoric centered around how companies don’t...
by Casey Renner