Telephone Calls Still Serious Sales Tool
Process Tune Your Tele-Prospecting
Caller ID and voice-mail have made sales prospecting by telephone a challenge. However, sales calls are still worth the effort, according to the Customer Collective Blog. Sales professionals must pay careful attention to list development, script, strategy, and execution, in order to make the most out of this sales process.
In order to evaluate the effectiveness of your tele-prospecting processes, you should:
- Take a closer look at your prospect list: If you have not identified the best customers for your goods or service, your calling campaign is doomed.
- Get the right contact name: Use list building to make sure that you are calling the right person. Leaving messages for the wrong contacts is a waste of everyone’s time.
- Practice the pitch: Prepare for objections and questions before you call. Practice and use scripts.
- Track call statistics: Track the number of calls you make, messages left, conversations and your results. By doing so, you will be able to see if your call strategy is working.
- Create a calling plan: Set a schedule for the number of calls you will make each day and stick to it.
- Watch your tone: Refine how you sound by recording your voice and listening to it. Make a conscious effort to have a pleasing sales voice.
A little bit of preparation will go a long way to improving your sales call success!
Does automating outbound sales efforts really work? It can and it does, as shown in this post by Thena. They use automated outbound to 10x their efforts. Here’s how they do it.
How do you find and hire a sales leader who can thrive in today’s rocky selling environment. Expert Amy Volas lays it out here.
B2B SaaS companies need to not only learn how to “do more with less” but also “do different with what we have.” This three-part framework can help.