The Start-up Name Game
A great company name does not guarantee success, but it can’t hurt.
Naming your start-up company is a tough decision. According to a recent onStartup.com blog, the name itself will not make or break your company. However, a great name is a low cost decision that can reap benefits for the life of your company.
To help you navigate the rough terrain of the start-up name game, OnStartup.com offers 17 gentle suggestions. Five of these moniker-making tips are presented below:
- Make sure no one else already has the name. Check http://uspto.gov.
- Pick a name that hints at what you do and keep it simple.
- Test the name out in conversations to see if it is easy to remember.
- Make it instantly recognizable when spoken.
- Make is instantly recognizable for Google.
If you are in the process of naming your company, the tips presented here are invaluable! The post also links to two additional naming/branding articles that are sure to help you along the way.