Tough Questions = Happy Customers
Why you should ask the tough questions.
The status quo, smooth sailing, silent treatment is a sure fire way to lose clients during tough economic times. In order to understand customer needs, issues and sales triggers, organizations must start asking tough questions today!
Helping clients to recognize their problems, means ruffling a few feathers. It also offers the perfect opportunity for you to step up and explain how you can help. If you dare to ask what is critical to their success in the coming year, you will have positioned yourself to be a part of the solution.
Asking probing questions will go a long way toward building rapport, illuminating hidden needs, increasing customer comfort and inspiring action.
Here are a few sample questions to get you started:
- What are your goals for next year compared with this year?
- In what ways can we ensure/change/do more of…to ensure your continuing success?
- What do you feel we are doing right to sustain our business relationship?
- What changes do we need to make to ensure greater success?
- How can we make your job easier?
- What will it take on our part to win that portion of the business you are currently giving to our competition?
Be sensitive, be bold and be a part of the solution. Ask these questions to pump up the bottom line for the coming year.