Write Great Product Announcements
Must-Haves for Software Announcements
There are specific things that new users need to know when you launch a new software product or version. The developer resource site, Digital River, suggests the following important inclusions for all of your announcements:
- The product name and the software version.
- A product description: Explain what the software does.
- One line overview of product changes and benefits.
- A link to all related release notes.
- Links to new screen shots.
- An overview of new product benefits.
- A paragraph describing key features and functions.
- A link to the trial version.
- Upgrade instructions, details and cost.
- A summary of purchase fees and/or discounts.
- A link to the new product/release press release.
By including these items in your announcements, you will create a single source for all the information potential customers need to make a buying decision.
We monitor these closely within our portfolio at OpenView.
We know a lot of folks are considering the switch, so we’ve curated a list of some of our favorite articles and guides.