Write Great Product Announcements
Must-Haves for Software Announcements
There are specific things that new users need to know when you launch a new software product or version. The developer resource site, Digital River, suggests the following important inclusions for all of your announcements:
- The product name and the software version.
- A product description: Explain what the software does.
- One line overview of product changes and benefits.
- A link to all related release notes.
- Links to new screen shots.
- An overview of new product benefits.
- A paragraph describing key features and functions.
- A link to the trial version.
- Upgrade instructions, details and cost.
- A summary of purchase fees and/or discounts.
- A link to the new product/release press release.
By including these items in your announcements, you will create a single source for all the information potential customers need to make a buying decision.
Achieving true product-led growth takes a winning combination of free parts of your product, virality, paying users, and more. Startups spend years (and thousands of dollars) trying to figure out the right model for viral growth – and many never do. So how do you succeed at PLG. Find out here.
Eraser founder, Shin Kim, shares why his company, Eraser, a whiteboard for engineering teams, built an AI sidecar that ultimately drove 30% of all product sign ups. Learn more here.
Miro’s Kate Syuma shares how the company’s growth team iterated smart to improve the user onboarding journey for their popular collaborative platform.