Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. While you may not know us, we bet you know our portfolio: Calendly, Expensify, and Datadog just to name a few. Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we work with our portfolio to firm operations and how we support our employees. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
What we’re looking for
OpenView is expanding our Finance team to meet the needs of our growing firm. We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager who will report to the Director of Finance. This person, along with the current Accountant, will be responsible for the majority of the accounting for the Management Company.
We are looking for a self-starter who is team-oriented and especially detail-oriented. This individual will be responsible for owning accounting procedures leading up to financial statement preparation, including AR, AP, expense reimbursements, GL maintenance, month-end close, and allocations. There will be the opportunity to grow within the team by increasing ownership of these processes, helping with budgeting, and preparing operational financial reporting for Partners.
The ideal candidate
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of a team and is excited to dig in and help – wherever needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-7 years of accounting experience in an operating company environment
- CPA preferred
- Knowledge of QuickBooks – proficiency a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Consistent and precise attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills and team-player attitude
- Comfortable with autonomy, and able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic organization that values continuous rapid improvement
Core responsibilities will include
- Ensuring appropriate expense allocation and smooth operation of expense reimbursement, both to employees and between entities
- Maintaining general ledger, ensuring accuracy of journal entries and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Ensuring firm policies, including Delegation of Authority, are appropriately followed prior to all bill payments and expense reimbursements
- Helping Accountant with AR/AP – ensuring active projects are covered by valid contracts and communicating with customers/vendors to address payment status
- Helping with tax returns and filings
- Supporting Director of Finance on budget-to-actual variance analysis and operational financial reporting