Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. While you may not know us, I bet you know our portfolio: Calendly, Expensify, and Datadog just to name a few. Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we work with our portfolio to firm operations and how we support our employees. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
What we’re looking for
A marketer who deeply understands the value of community. We’re looking for someone who is equally as comfortable building 1-to-many programs as they are with creating exceptional 1-to-1 experiences. This person will build out our social channels as not only specific distribution channels, but also as places for 2-way communication with our audience. They will also be responsible for acting as the ‘tour guide’ for folks who are being featured in our content programs, primarily our BUILD podcast. This person will grow into a role where they will be responsible for producing stellar experiences for all of our audiences (prospect companies, portfolio companies, and limited partners) and across OpenView’s full marketing funnel.
Key job responsibilities fall into a few areas
- Setting and implementing social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Dive deep into community research to find interesting people to feature in our content programs
- Act as the friendly face of OpenView and ensure our podcast guests and other content contributors have an exceptional experience
- Identify and track relevant marketing and community KPIs
- Relay community feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience building creative social media channels for brands
- An ability to replicate brand voice and tone in the copy they write
- A track record of building relationships with customers, potential customers, and industry professionals
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
If you want to join us, introduce yourself to Margaret Kelsey via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your resume and with the subject line “Community Manager opportunity.”