Director of Growth
Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. Our unique focus has allowed us to build a team of operational experts dedicated to helping our portfolio companies acquire, retain and grow the right talent and customers. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make people’s working lives better.
What’s this role all about?
The Go-To-Market (GTM) Practice is responsible for consulting with OpenView’s portfolio leaders to provide market insights and marketing/sales strategy. We’re looking for someone who can help us identify new trends and keep portfolio companies at the forefront of this quickly changing landscape. This year it’s all about Product Led Growth (check out our work on this new GTM strategy here), but we know the future will bring new and exciting challenges.
You’ll work in a team environment to scope and deliver projects. Typical engagements include:
- Customer & market segmentation
- Buyer persona & value proposition research
- Pricing & packaging research
- Onboarding & retention optimization
- Market & competitive assessments
- Funnel assessment & optimization
You should be comfortable leading projects end to end with minimal oversight. You’ll own the delivery of work products including day-to-day interaction with VP and C-Level executives, conducting research, developing deliverables and providing insights. Some days you will be working with our broader GTM Practice to document customer interviews and pull out insights. Other days, you might be planning an event, building a PowerPoint deliverable, helping to evaluate a new software tool, or writing content for our blog.
We’re a small team working with a lot of companies on a variety of projects. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team and is excited to dig in and help – wherever needed.
We will rely on you to:
- Scope projects, design work plans and lead projects to timely and effective completion
- Position yourself as a thought leader and build a network of experts to continually uplevel skills – your own and the portfolio’s
- Build relationships with portfolio leadership to be seen as a trusted advisor
- Conduct primary and secondary research such as online research, survey design and implementation, and market interviews
- Analyze survey data, customer data, internal databases or third party data sources using Excel and other data management tools
- Synthesize and process insights to transform complex findings/analyses into concise recommendations
- Develop and deliver project presentations and models in PowerPoint and Excel
- Collaborate effectively with other teams, including the investment team, internal marketing, talent and executive networking
- Create compelling content – articles, podcasts, ebooks, keynote presentations, benchmarks, etc…in conjunction with our marketing team
What really matters?
- You have 5+ years of experience working with B2B SaaS companies and/or in strategy consulting, ideally with exposure to Product Led Growth
- You’re low ego, high EQ, and have a great attitude and team-first mentality
- You’re intellectually curious and have a passion for analyzing markets, products and organizations in a data-driven, research-oriented manner
- You’ve demonstrated exceptional communication skills and an ability to build sustaining relationships with C-level executives
- You are comfortable adapting to new circumstances, failing fast and learning quickly
- You have advanced data analysis skills in at least one of the following areas: Excel, Python, SQL, Salesforce, SPSS or Stata
Interested parties can apply by submitting their resume to Kyle Poyar at kyle[at]ov[dot]vc.