Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. Our unique focus has allowed us to build a team of operational experts dedicated to helping our portfolio companies acquire, grow and retain the right talent and customers. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make people’s working lives better. As part of the marketing team, you will be responsible for helping to deliver this message and vision to the broader market through beautifully designed web and print assets.
What’s this position all about?
OpenView is looking for an experienced graphic designer to work closely with our marketing team to design and create visually compelling print and digital media assets. This includes, but is not limited to, landing page mockups/designs, newsletter templates, email marketing campaigns, books and eBooks, PowerPoint templates, infographics, interactive microsites, event signage, branded swag and more. You’ll also be responsible for day to day maintenance of our WordPress sites and the ideal candidate will be able to modify existing WordPress templates as well as HubSpot newsletter and landing page templates to create more compelling experiences for our large online audience of B2B software professionals.
The graphic designer must be innovative and resourceful, making the most impact with the least amount of resources. In short, we need you to help us refine our presence both digitally and in print.
- Design WordPress page templates and assets for HubSpot (newsletters and landing pages) that can be translated into code by our digital agency
- Work with our existing WordPress support provider to troubleshoot website issues
- Create print and digital assets encompassing books and eBooks, infographics, interactive microsites, event signage, swag, social ads and more
- Work with a small and scrappy team of marketers to deliver quality work that adheres to tight timelines
- Degree in design related field
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress
- Experience with Sketch and Invision
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail (please submit with your application)
- Excellent design, color and typographic skills
- Understanding of and strong interest in tech and startups
Great to haves:
- UI/UX experience
- Motion graphics
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching and SEO
- Experience working with WP Engine or Pantheon Server Environments
- Experience with A/B Testing and data-driven decision making
- Working knowledge of HubL and familiarity with HubSpot
OpenView’s mission is to improve people’s working lives. And that includes those of our employees. We offer paid health and dental benefits, free lunch and more.