Senior Content Manager
Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. While you may not know us, I bet you know our portfolio: Calendly, Expensify and Datadog just to name a few. Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we work with our portfolio to firm operations and how we support our employees. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
What we’re looking for
Someone to lead content strategy for our widely loved blog. You love both building big picture narratives and diving into nitty gritty line edits. You can manage a content calendar with one eye closed. You tactfully edit other people’s work – giving editors everywhere a good name. You value quality content and can balance that with getting super polished content published frequently. You can take a content program that is working and throw it into hyperdrive.
Key job responsibilities fall into a few areas:
- Content sourcing: Work with folks both internally at OpenView and external thought leaders to get them excited about contributing content. We’re lucky to have a lot of folks at OpenView who love to write!
- Content creation: Write smart, interesting articles, both long-form and short-form. Create, send and iterate on our weekly newsletter.
- Content facilitation and editing: Act as the main driver from topic ideation and narrative formation to final line edits and publishing through WordPress.
- Content measurement and reporting: Have familiarity with Google Analytics. Know how to champion the business need of particular pieces of content.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background writing in the tech and/or SaaS world – preferably around topics like product led growth, product strategy, and UX design (5+ years)
- A history of success growing content programs through organic (search) and distribution channels
- Thoughtfulness around the UX of content and a working knowledge of how people like to consume content
If interested, you can learn more and apply on LinkedIn here.