Visual Design Internship
Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. Our unique focus has allowed us to build a team of operational experts dedicated to helping our portfolio companies acquire, grow and retain the right talent and customers. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make people’s working lives better. As part of the marketing team, you will be responsible for helping to deliver this message and vision to the broader market through both digital and print assets.
What’s this internship all about?
This is not your average internship. In a sentence…we need someone to take our brand to the next level. As part of the visual design internship, you will work alongside a team of scrappy and experienced marketers to further refine and bolster our brand identity. You’ll do this through both print and digital assets like eBooks, microsites, event signage, infographics, social graphics, calls-to-action, PowerPoint templates and much more. We don’t have a program or a team of interns, instead your role will be one with many responsibilities that is integral to the success of the firm.
The visual design intern must be a talented, energetic and self-motivated designer comfortable working with little direction and in a fast-paced environment. Your portfolio should demonstrate creative use of typography, color and good layout skills in both digital and print.
- Working towards a BFA in graphic design or related discipline
- Prior relevant internship experience
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Energetic, enthusiastic and personable
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail (please submit with your application)
- Excellent design, color and typographic skills
- Strong organizational skills and willingness to be an integral part of a small team
- Understanding of and strong interest in tech and startups
- Strong communicator with an ability to clearly articulate ideas to multiple stakeholders
- Curious, creative, collaborative and self-motivated
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Sketch and Invision
- UI/UX experience
- Motion graphics
- Experience designing responsive sites for desktop and mobile
Want to know what working at OpenView is really like?
Hear from a former intern and now current employee on our marketing team, Bayley Dietz. You’ll have a chance to meet her in the interview process, but for now…
“During my time at OpenView, first on the Go-to-Market team and now as a full time member of the marketing team, I have learned about many of our portfolio companies through market research projects and have been integral to the implementation and optimization of our marketing automation system. The independence I’ve been given on my work has bolstered my confidence in an industry that I stepped into with very little knowledge. The individuals I work with are specialists in their craft; I learn something new every day from a group that pushes me to succeed. In the year plus that I have been at OpenView, I have grown as a student and now professional. Out of all my prior work experiences, I value my time at OpenView the most because of the knowledge I’ve gained and the network I’ve grown.”