Chief Financial Officer
Why work at OpenView
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage enterprise software companies. Founded in 2006, OpenView has an impressive portfolio of past and present investments, with recognizable brand names and a track record of growth. Today, we’re looking for a CFO to join our team to act as a business partner in developing firm strategy and driving portfolio performance.
Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we partner with entrepreneurs, to firm operations and how we support our employees andLimited Partners. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
What we need from a CFO
We are looking for a true business partner, who can think like an owner and work directly with the Partners as a peer. It’s crucial that we find someone with the right intellect and depth of commercial acumen to take on such a wide ranging and unpredictable role. You’ll need exceptional communication skills and an adaptable personality, with the ability to build productive relationships with people internally and externally.
Your role as CFO will be diverse, with the expectation of taking on significant ad hoc and operational responsibilities that fall outside of a traditional finance role. You’ll be responsible for financial management and operations, including strategy and innovation, and administrative policies and procedures, in addition to portfolio reporting and regular LP communication/presentations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Serve as strategic and collaborative partner to the Partners to help facilitate firm decision making and drive initiatives that support the goals of the firm
- Oversee all financial and accounting functions; strategic planning and analysis; cash flow management; financial controls; accurate planning, forecasting and reporting; audit; taxes, operations, and information systems
- Own quarterly portfolio tracking, reporting, analysis and valuation support
- Drive continuous improvement in areas such as expense management, financial analysis and reporting, system infrastructure and standardizing business processes
- Develop new and improve existing LP relations strategies – primary contact for all Limited Partner inquiries and manager of the LP accounting/reporting software
- Build and cultivate a motivated and service-oriented finance team to operate in a manner that supports the key objectives of the firm
- Drive accountability and provide executive coaching to the firm’s functional leaders in executing on firm strategy and annual budget
- 12+ years of increasing fiscal responsibility, with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a CFO, Controller and/or VP of Finance in a fund setting
- Knowledge of venture capital/private equity fund accounting principles gained from work at venture capital firms, private equity firms, partnerships, audit or consulting services (with relevant VC and PE client base)
- Demonstrated ability to interface with members of a Partnership on strategy and policy decisions
- Proven ability to interpret strategic and operational business requirements, providing expert advice and financial planning counsel
- Exceptional people leadership with ability to motivate team members at all levels to cultivate a dynamic and highly productive work environment; track record of leading high performing teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting is required (MBA and CPA preferred)
Interested parties can apply by submitting their resume to Liz Cain at [email protected].