Product Launch Blunders
Gaining customer attention and standing out in the crowd is getting tougher.
This makes the product launch more important than ever. The following is a list of seven popular launch crashers that doom new products.
- Last minute launch plans. Launch strategy takes time. Plan ahead.
- Leave no wiggle room for plan changes. Flexibility is essential in launches, in order to field inevitable last minute issues.
- Let the CEO ready the rocket. Brand managers or product managers should be at the helm of a launch, not the CEO.
- Leave employees in the dark. Employees are your brand ambassadors and should be ‘in the know’ long before launch date.
- Use status quo media methods. Nothing will sink a launch faster than sticking to the same old media strategy. Stir things up!
- Rely on push strategies. Put the product out and hope customer buy. Pull consumers in instead.
- Cross your fingers and hope there is no crisis. Potential problems are a part of business. Plan ahead and put together a viable crisis plan.
Your next product launch will be far more successful, if you avoid these doomed tactics.
Miro’s Kate Syuma shares how the company’s growth team iterated smart to improve the user onboarding journey for their popular collaborative platform.