Investor Relations & Capital Markets Manager
Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. While you may not know us, we bet you know our portfolio: Calendly, Expensify, and Datadog just to name a few. Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we work with our portfolio to firm operations and how we support our employees. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
What we’re looking for
Successful fundraising has taught us a lot about best practices in Investor Relations, and now we’re doubling down to create a fully institutionalized practice. We’re looking for an ambitious, smart, team-oriented person that’s interested in building a new capability to serve our limited partners and drive future fund raises.
Reporting to a Partner, this individual will be given flexibility to lead day-to-day IR tactics and ultimately become the primary coverage point for both existing LP’s and prospect LP’s. There will be a high degree of visibility, and with that, opportunity to grow into a leader within OpenView.
The role will include a secondary component that supports our Corporate Development function, which drives portfolio exits, financings, and M&A. We envision a roughly 75 / 25% split between IR and Corp Dev that can flex up or down depending on fundraise cycles.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Managing LP communications and data
- Setting and attending meetings and calls with LP’s
- Planning LP events including annual meetings
- Managing the fundraise process
- Building and sourcing new LP pipeline
- With respect to Corp Dev, responsibilities will include building capital markets relationships and supporting portfolio financial transactions and related analyses
The right candidate has 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following roles:
- Investor relations in VC / PE
- VC / PE direct fund investing at an endowment, foundation, pension, or fund-of-fund
- Consulting for direct fund investors / LP’s
- Investment banking
And possesses the following attributes:
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and process-driven
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external senior stakeholders
- Strong in PowerPoint, proficient in Excel and Salesforce
- Very strong written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable with autonomy, and able to adapt and thrive in a flat, dynamic organization that values continuous rapid improvement
If interested, you can apply for the position on LinkedIn here.