Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. While you may not know us, we bet you know our portfolio: Calendly, Expensify, and Datadog just to name a few. Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we work with our portfolio to firm operations and how we support our employees. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
What we’re looking for
OpenView is expanding our Finance team to meet the needs of our growing firm. We are seeking a Senior Accountant who will report to the Controller. This individual will be responsible for the day-to- day accounting for OpenView’s funds, along with the current Senior Accountant, and will also assist with various aspects of the Management Company. There will be the opportunity to grow within the team by increasing ownership in these areas as well as gain exposure to OpenView functional leaders across Finance, Business Operations, Capital Markets, and others. There will be no travel associated with this role.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated self-starter who is team-oriented, comfortable with autonomy, and able to adapt and thrive in a flat, dynamic organization that values continuous rapid improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of accounting experience in Big 4, preferably with some VC/PE client exposure
- CPA or CPA track required
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Consistent and precise attention to detail
- Insightful and strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Maintain fund general ledgers in Investran, ensure accuracy of journal entries and monthly reconciliations
- Prepare portfolio company valuations and quarterly fund reporting, including financial statements and partner capital statements
- Assist with annual audit and tax preparation
- Respond to investor requests and maintain investor portal
- Review and approve employee expenses in Expensify while ensuring firm policies, including Delegation of Authority, are appropriately followed
- Perform ongoing responsibilities related to reporting and projects specific to the Management Company, often using QuickBooks accounting software
If you want to join us, email your resume to Allie Letourneau at email@example.com with the subject line “Sr Accountant opportunity.”