Talent Referral Program
Refer a Friend to Our Portfolio.
Know a killer sales rep? The next rockstar demand gen marketer? A software engineer looking for their next great opportunity? Are they passionate about technology and improving people’s working lives? If your referral is hired you could receive $1,000.
The External Referral program (the “Program”) offers a one-time referral payment to unaffiliated persons to help OpenView attract, hire, and retain the very best talent in the United States on behalf of our portfolio. Please read the fine print at the bottom of this page for more details.
The Fine Print
In order to be eligible to participate in OpenView’s US External Referral Program
The External Referee (you):
- Must be an individual person (not a business entity), and a legal resident of the US who is at least 18 years of age
- Cannot be associated with or a consultant of a Staffing/Recruiting agency
- Cannot be a current employee of OpenView
- Cannot refer yourself
Your Referral Candidate:
- Cannot be a current employee or contractor of OpenView or an OpenView portfolio company
- Cannot be a past employee of OpenView
- Cannot be in active communication with OpenView (bi-directional communication in the last 90 days)
Note: If your referred candidate is hired, they must remain employed with the portfolio company for a minimum of 90 days and be in good performance standing. Any referral is valid for 6 months from the time of submittal.
If you are eligible to participate in the Program, OpenView will pay you a one-time external referral payment in the amount of $1,000 (gross) for a referral if the referral results in a successful regular full-time hire, and such referred employee:
- Acknowledges he or she was referred by you
- Completes 90 days of continuous, active employment with an OpenView portfolio company
- Is in good performance standing at the end of such 90 day period
- Is still employed by the OpenView portfolio company at the time the external referral payment is to be paid
- If two referees submit the same candidate, the first submission will receive credit assuming they meet all other eligibility criteria
NOTE: If you are currently employed by an OpenView portfolio company, you are not eligible for the external referral payout if your referral is hired by your current employer
You agree that OpenView will be responsible for interpreting these rules and determining whether a referral payment is due. OpenView’s decisions will be final and binding on all persons concerned.
The referral payment will be taxable income for you. You must complete and return IRS Form W-9 (and any other documentation that OpenView may require) in order to receive the referral payment;. You will be paid as an independent contractor, and not as an employee of OpenView. This form will be supplied to you by OpenView once your referred candidate has started employment with an OpenView portfolio company.
OpenView will process the external referral payment in approximately 30 days after the referred employee completes the 90 days of employment mentioned above, and you have submitted the required paperwork and contact information.
Payments will be made by company check from OpenView Partners. In accordance with IRS guidelines, the referee will receive a 1099 for the year payment was received. You will be responsible for your own federal, state and local taxes on any payments.
OpenView reserves the right to modify or terminate this program at any time without liability.