Do you have a passion for building easy-to-use, innovative products for developers and testers? Well, we’re looking to add a highly technical and results-oriented product manager to our world-class team. You thrive in an environment where you wear many hats, do what it takes, work hard and smart, collaborate, innovate, and deliver. You are highly motivated to create products that delight customers and accelerate business success.
Your role will work closely with the Skytap engineering team, defining new capabilities and translating customer requirements into actionable technical specifications. You’ll also work with customers and the Skytap sales team directly to understand use cases, communicate on innovations, and manage product roadmaps. This position will serve as a key thought leader on the product management team and report to the VP of Products.
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for having a deep understanding of customers’ use cases and requirements. You will prioritize and define compelling, differentiated features that help our customers succeed.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop a deep working knowledge of Skytap’s product, customer use cases, and gather direct customer feedback.
- Measure and analyze customer and feature usage. Identify opportunities to innovate and improve customer experience.
- Build strong internal relationships with an experienced engineering team. Champion Skytap users internally and write product specifications that drive optimal implementation solutions
- Establish relationships and credibility with Skytap cloud solutions architects and marketing teams as a technical product expert
- Participate in defining Skytap’s strategy and product roadmap
- Contribute to Skytap’s overall company success as a senior leader on the product management team
Required background and skills:
We also envision a person who possesses these enviable traits:
- Ownership. You feel a strong personal sense of product ownership, are self motivated, and you sweat the details.
- Passion. You are passionate about customer success and winning as a business—you will be an enthusiastic technical champion of Skytap when working with both employees and customers.
- Technical depth. You are a technically deep, fast learner who is driven to learn new things.
- A delivery-oriented work ethic. You deliver results doing what it takes to get things done, on time.
- Proven success. You have a proven track record of success working closely with engineering, sales engineers, and customers on highly technical products.
- Flexibility and agility. You are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Communication. You can demonstrate strong presentation, written communication, and speaking skills.
As far as education and background, we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of product management experience delivering products for technical users.
- 2+ years of product management experience with software as a service delivery models.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent technical experience) is required.
About Skytap (www.skytap.com), based in Seattle, is a rapidly growing company that provides businesses with a simple and secure way to use the cloud for complex computing environments. End users use Skytap’s self-service web interface to create cloud based virtual environments in minutes, run applications without code changes in the cloud, and collaborate globally. IT professionals benefit by maintaining full visibility and controlover cloud deployments, enforcing security, and easily tracking usage and costs. Enterprises and mid-market companies securely connect their cloud environments with their own private data center, creating a hybrid cloudsolution. With over 150 paying customers, Skytap raised a Series C round of funding in early 2011 and received a significant investment of growth capital. Investors include Madrona Venture Group, Ignition Partners, and OpenViewVenture Partners. Skytap is looking for outstanding professionals as it expandsits team to support rapid growth.
About OpenView Venture Partners (www.openviewpartners.com) is an expansion stage venture capital fund, with afocus on high-growth software, internet, and technology-enabled companies. Muchof the team’s success has been driven by its active role in providing itsportfolio companies with strategic value-add services and highly practicaloperating expertise. The OpenView Labs team provides hands-on assistance toOpenView Venture Partners’ portfolio companies, executing various projects andhelping young software companies adopt best practices around sales andmarketing. OpenView is based in Boston, MA.