Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 for Windows Server Review
This is a review of the new Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 for Windows Server backup and imaging solution. Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 for Windows Server is the successor to the already popular and functional True Image Echo series of Acronis corporate products. There are many new features in this program to make backing up and imaging your Windows server easier than ever.
Here are some of the improvements made to the server backup and imaging software.
- Integrated data deduplication to reduce costs – On-the-fly elimination of redundant data with file and block level deduplication during backups to optimize storage capacity and network bandwidth
- Policy-based centralized management of distributed servers and workstations, saving backup and recovery time and expense
- Includes Acronis Disk Director Lite – a handy disk management utility. Disk management operations, such as cloning disks; converting disks; creating, formatting and deleting volumes
- Enhanced virtualization support including agent-less, VCB and agent based backup of VMs
- Scalability to thousands of machines to support organizational growth
- Advanced encryption technology ensures data security of backup images
- Backward compatibility with prior versions of Acronis backup and imaging software for Windows Servers. Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 is compatible with images and policies created by previous versions of Acronis True Image Echo
- Combine all of these new features with Acronis Universal Restore to restore images to dissimilar hardware and you have one solid backup and recovery solution implemented.
This is the new interface of the management console where you can view, create and start backup, recovery and imaging tasks. The Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 for Windows Server management console also allows you to manage other Acronis products installed on your network like Acronis Recovery for MS Exchange or Acronis Recovery for Microsoft SQL. The first thing you may notice is the slick new user interface of the program.
Once you click on Backup you are given all of the options to customize you backup plan such as what to backup, where to store the backup, how to back up and a multitude of other backup options. For this review of the Acronis Backup and Recovery 10 for Windows Server, a backup plan was created to take an image of the Windows server. As you can see, you could also do an Incremental or Differential backup of the server.
The Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 for Windows Server is based on the patented Echo disk imaging technology so, of course the restore went flawlessly. Acronis has to be one of the easiest Windows Server backup and imaging solutions available on the market. It is compatible with all of the most recent versions of Microsoft Windows Servers including: Windows Server 2000/Advanced Server 2000/Server 2003/ SBS 2003/ SBS 2008/ Server 2008.
Get Acronis Universal Restore Free when buying applicable Acronis Backup and Recovery products! Limited time promotion. Expires December 31, 2010