Balihoo Adds More Corporate Brands to Growing Client Roster in First Half of 2013
Balihoo (http://www.balihoo.com), the premier provider of Local Marketing Automation (LMA) technology and services to national brands with local marketing needs, announced today that the company closed the first half of 2013 with strong customer growth.
Following its strong showing for the first half of 2013, last week Balihoo announced $5 million in new funding from OpenView Venture Partners to fuel continued business growth and product innovation.
The company welcomed new customers across industries and sectors, including financial services, retail, consumer brands, home goods, and home improvement. Control 4 and Behr Process Corporation are among the new additions in the first half of 2013 to join Balihoo’s growing base of national brand customers.
Control 4 is a leading provider of personalized automation and control systems for homeowners. Behr Process Corporation, founded in 1947, is one of the largest suppliers of architectural paint and exterior wood care products to the United States and Canadian do-it-yourself channel.
“Local marketing continues to grow in importance for national brands seeking new ways to activate customer engagement,” said Pete Gombert, CEO of Balihoo. “Digital channels such as local web sites and localized social media are particularly effective for reaching the “always on” consumer at every stage of the buying process.”
Additional first half highlights include:
New Product Features
- Localized Social Media – Balihoo’s new Localized Social Media Module allows brands with a corporate Facebook page to complement their national content with locally provided and relevant content viewable only by Facebook users in the appropriate markets. The new capability enables local affiliates to post relevant status updates to their brand’s national page. Fans of the corporate site see all of the national content plus only the local content targeting their area. The new feature offers national brands control and approvals of all affiliate status updates and comment content.
- Content Delivery – Balihoo’s new Content Delivery feature enables customized content from local affiliates to be published on local sites that are managed by the national brand. The affiliates select, customize, and schedule publication of content for appropriate sections of their local web site, and upon completion, the files are packaged and delivered to an FTP site where they are consumed by the brand’s content management system.
Industry Thought Leadership
- Brand Automation for Local Activation – Balihoo partnered with the CMO Council to underwrite the “Brand Automation for Local Activation” study looking at the challenges and opportunities faced today by national brands with local marketing needs. The report revealed national brand marketers are aware of the growing importance of local marketing but lack the tools and insight for executing effective marketing programs through local channels.
- Leading in Local – Balihoo’s CMO spoke at BIA/Kelsey’s Leading in Local Conference in Boston, sharing top level results from the CMO Council report and actionable insights for improving the performance of local marketing programs.
- Local Search Rankings Factor Study – Balihoo was one of 35 SEO experts asked to participate in this annual survey considered to be one of the most important studies of Local Search Engine Optimization.
- Local Marketing Infographics and Video Series – Balihoo produced a series of infographics and videos outlining how national brands can overcome local marketing obstacles. All content is available online by visiting Balihoo’s Local Marketing Resource Center at http://balihoo.com/local-marketing-resources.
- Balihoo continues to attract top talent at all levels with its award-winning office culture, entrepreneurial spirit, and emphasis on professional development that encompasses a healthy work-life balance. Award recognition for Balihoo’s commitment to a dynamic work environment, include the following:
- Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2013 – Celebrating the innovative companies setting a new standard for a healthy work-life balance. Balihoo ranked 50 out of the Top 100.
- Best Places to Work in Idaho – Balihoo placed in the top 20 in the annual ranking by the Idaho Business Review.
Balihoo is the premier provider of Local Marketing Automation (LMA) technology and services to national brands with local marketing needs. By automating local marketing, Balihoo gives national brands unprecedented control over local marketing execution and the ability to control the customer experience closer to the point of purchase. Additional information about Balihoo is available at http://www.balihoo.com.