Corporate Development Analyst
Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. While you may not know us, I bet you know our portfolio: Calendly, Expensify, and Datadog just to name a few. Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we work with our portfolio to firm operations and how we support our employees. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
About the Role:
The Corporate Development Analyst will join OpenView’s Capital Markets Team to work with our portfolio companies across a range of strategic and financial initiatives. In this role, you will directly and measurably impact OpenView’s fund returns by working directly with portfolio companies and collaborating closely with OpenView’s Investment Committee to support all aspects of:
- Portfolio liquidity: sell-side M&A, secondary trades, and IPO
- Portfolio capitalization: outside-led growth equity and venture debt rounds
- Portfolio value-add: business and corporate development advisory, development of playbooks and frameworks, and content creation for OpenView’s marketing channels
We’re looking for a candidate who has a track record executing M&A and capital raise deals within tech, managing and leveraging data to drive decision making, developing strong relationships, and working with C-Level executives to deliver work product and drive outcomes. The role requires a balance of both technical financial acumen and strong relationship development skills.
- Develop an understanding of OpenView’s portfolio companies, their relevant ecosystems, financial performance, and high probability acquirers, partners and capital providers
- Drive technical analysis to support exit planning and execution – e.g. valuation, financial modeling, cap table and waterfall scenario analysis, operational forecasting, and more
- Support execution of M&A, capitalization and partnership deals across the portfolio
- Create strong relationships with strategic and financial acquirers, capital providers, and advisors; leverage this network to drive meaningful connections for the portfolio
- Advise portfolio companies on acquirer/partner ecosystem mapping, strategies for building corporate development relationships, and on creating strategic outcomes
- Research and communicate trends across M&A, PE, and IPO markets to help OpenView and our portfolio companies optimize planning for exits
- Synthesize and process data and insights to transform complex findings/analyses into concise market strategy recommendations for the portfolio
- Create compelling content – articles, webinars, e-books, etc. – in conjunction with our marketing team
Experience and skills required:
- 1-3 years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity and/or consulting within the technology space
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Very flexible self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity
- Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
If you want to join us, email your resume to Sean Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Analyst for Corp Dev Analyst position”.