Rotational Analyst Program
Why work at OpenView?
OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. Our unique focus has allowed us to build a team of operational experts dedicated to helping our portfolio companies acquire, retain and grow the right talent and customers. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
What’s this role all about?
OpenView’s Expansion Team provides the expertise, network and resources to help portfolio companies scale into market leaders. You will be an integral member of this team, responsible for consulting with portfolio leaders to provide the strategic insights that help them unlock their next phase of growth. Be prepared to get exposure into a wide array of fast-growing software startups and strategic topics. One day you may be analyzing marketing performance to increase top of funnel leads and another day you’ll be conducting research to optimize pricing strategy.
We’re a small team working with a lot of companies on a variety of projects. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team and is excited to dig in and help – wherever needed. Your work will specifically include:
- Performing data analysis on customer, marketing, product and sales data to inform marketing and sales strategies
- Assessing the market and competitive landscape for new product opportunities
- Deriving customer insight from market research surveys and qualitative interviews
You’ll also have an opportunity to rotate to OpenView’s Investment Team after 12-18 months. In that role, you would be running your own deals end-to-end: from sourcing and building relationships with entrepreneurs, to leading and executing diligence, to presenting your investment recommendations to our Investment Committee.
We will rely on you to:
- Analyze survey data, customer data, internal databases or third party data sources using Excel and other data management tools
- Conduct primary and secondary research such as online research, survey design and implementation, and market interviews
- Synthesize and process insights to transform complex findings/analyses into concise market strategy recommendations
- Develop and deliver project presentations and models in PowerPoint and Excel
- Interact directly with portfolio leadership
- Assist with creating compelling content – articles, webinars, ebooks, etc. – in conjunction with our marketing team
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier university and strong academic record
- 0-2 years experience in analytics or strategy at a leading technology company, consulting firm, or investment bank. Ideally with experience working with B2B SaaS companies
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for analyzing customers, markets, and products in a data-driven, research-oriented manner
- Concise communication skills and ability to draw insights and recommendations from data analysis
- Advanced Excel and PPT skills – You are the person everyone else in the office finds for questions
- Very flexible self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity
- You’re not afraid to challenge others’ perspectives, and you welcome the same
If interested, please send your resume to Kyle Poyar at kyle[at]ov[dot]vc.