VP of People & Culture
Cogito Corporation is seeking a visionary Vice President of People and Culture to own our People, Culture and Talent Acquisition functions.
As our VP of People and Culture you will join our leadership team, acting as a strategic and tactical People business partner, providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing on all people and culture related initiatives. You will drive all cultural initiatives, performance management, talent acquisition, engagement and retention, learning and career development, and workforce planning. You will also provide strategic counsel to our Operations team on Total Rewards- including benefits, payroll and compensation, People Systems and Operations aspects related to People.
Additionally, you will support an emotionally-intelligent, innovative and high performance workplace where diverse perspectives are embraced and first-principles thinking is encouraged.
- Vision and Strategy: Work with our leadership team s well as the organization at large, to collaboratively build upon and execute on the long-term vision for all People and Culture functions a consistently improving our effectiveness and helping us achieve our overall business goals; drive future organizational design and all change management initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, collaborative and innovative team
- Values and Culture: Help maintain our core values and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our culture and core beliefs; Focus on developing a diverse, emotionally intelligent and inclusive culture through the development of culture initiatives that increase diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives. Work with employees at all levels to develop inclusive thinking and to address inclusion needs.
- Team Building: Lead and grow a People and Culture team that executes effectively against goals; Directly or matrix manage People operations team members who handle Operational aspects such as rewards/benefits, systems, etc.
- Leadership Effectiveness & Development: Partner with CEO and Leadership team to drive leadership development and effectiveness, ensure executive alignment and drive performance aligned with business strategy.
- Performance Management, Rewards and Recognition: Liaise with leaders at all levels to provide HR business partnership support. Execute company-wide performance management programs that helps us identify high and low performers and drives continuous, transparent feedback across all disciplines
- Learning and Development: Build scalable learning and organizational development programs that aid in growing our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention
- Management and Leadership Training: Drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers; provide coaching and feedback to our existing leadership team and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for management roles
- Capability and Workforce Planning: Partner with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives; prepare updated workforce plans and forecasts that support overall business goals
- Talent Acquisition: Partner with Talent Acquisition team and leadership to recruit top talent for the company that aligns with workforce plans and objectives; Design Employment branding initiatives that increase brand awareness; Executive recruitment
- You think strategically but also deliver on tactical and operational issues; This is very hands on role that requires building and developing capabilities in a high growth setting with a small, but high performing team.
- You are an experienced coach across the full spectrum of seniority
- You have owned workforce planning from start to finish
- You have a track record of being a partner to managers across a variety of functional areas as well as demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and staff
- You have proven success in delivering high-impact people programs around performance management, team engagement and team retention
- You have the proven ability to influence and drive change with management teams and across startup organizations, aligning people strategy with values and goals
- You have 15+ years of progressive and hands on Human Resources and People experience, with a minimum of 5+ years leading People/HR/Talent teams in high tech growth companies
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field
- Competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies using AI technology to improve organization performance for the world’s largest enterprises
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Great perks including Gym and yoga on-site
- Generous time off policy, remote work and values that include caring for self and others and embracing diversity
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Interested parties can apply by submitting their resume to Ellie Damelio at ellie[at]ov[dot]vc.