Central Desktop Achieves Record Growth and Increasing Momentum in 2010
PASADENA, CA – Central Desktop, provider of the industry-leading cloud-based social collaboration platform for businesses, today announced strong momentum and significant customer growth in 2010. Central Desktop continues to achieve year-over-year growth in revenue (gross bookings) despite the economic downturn. The company attributes its growth to continuous product innovation, exceptional customer service and the measurable business value its solution brings to customers.
Key 2010 company milestones include:
- Accelerated customer growth – Enterprise Edition gross bookings in 2010 grew 111% over the previous year. New Enterprise Edition customers also increased by 125% compared to 2009.
- Key customer wins – Hundreds of new Enterprise Edition customers implemented Central Desktop, including WD-40, Whole Foods Market, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Sesame Workshop, Anna’s Linens and United Way Worldwide.
- Central Desktop 2.0 – In February 2010, Central Desktop launched a new version of its social collaboration platform that featured a redesigned, intuitive user interface to deliver an improved customer experience.
- Expanded platform and functionality – Central Desktop introduced Central Desktop for Office, a Microsoft Office collaboration tool with simultaneous co-authoring capabilities, and Online Diagrams, which allows users to create professional quality diagrams directly from within Central Desktop.
- Record employee growth – Central Desktop added new jobs to the economy in software engineering, customer service, human resources and sales and marketing, growing staff by 155% in 2010.
- Strengthened management team – Central Desktop rounded out its management team with the addition of Laurence Sotsky (Vice President of Sales), Linda Souza (Associate Vice President of Marketing) and Mark Fordham (Director of Client Services).
- Inc. 500 recognition – Central Desktop was recognized as No. 180 on Inc. Magazine’s annual Inc. 500 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
“We’re pleased to report our company’s strongest year yet in the face of these challenging economic conditions,” said Isaac Garcia, CEO and co-founder of Central Desktop. “We attribute much of our growth in 2010 to our continued traction among mid-market customers, particularly in key verticals such as marketing, consumer packaged goods and entertainment. Our strategy as we head into 2011 is to continue to listen to the needs of our market and solve our customers’ business challenges by delivering the strongest, most comprehensive cloud-based social collaboration platform.”
About Central Desktop:
Central Desktop delivers a cloud-based social collaboration platform that revolutionizes how people connect and share information to drive profitable business results. Businesses of all sizes use Central Desktop’s complete online collaboration solution to manage projects and documents in the cloud with colleagues, customers and partners. Key Central Desktop customers include the Humane Society of the United Sates, CBS, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Netflix, Gymboree, Workday and Harvard University. Founded in 2005, Central Desktop is a privately-held company with headquarters in Pasadena, California. For more information about the company, visit the website.