eEye Releases Retina CS 3.0 Unified Vulnerability Management to Close the Security Gaps Associated With Cloud, Android and Exchange ActiveSync
eEye Digital Security today released Retina CS 3.0, the most recent version of its award-winning vulnerability management solution, to identify and manage threats in public and private cloud computing environments and across the growing number of mobile devices and applications running on Android and connecting via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
Synergy Research Group’s November 2011 Cloud Market Share Report found that private cloud strategies increased more than 30 percent compared to the previous year. Private clouds, which provide enterprise IT services behind the corporate firewall, now are used by enterprises with large data centers and by a growing number of federal government agencies.
But despite concern about breaches, data loss, attacks and regulatory compliance, cloud security typically has not integrated with traditional vulnerability management. To close that growing gap, the award-winning Retina CS now offers Cloud Connectors integrated with VMware vCenter and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Cloud Connectors allow security administrators to incorporate their cloud infrastructures into existing security processes and compliance requirements, a capability previously unavailable. With Retina CS 3.0, enterprise security teams now can:
- Scan and centrally manage vulnerabilities, including assessment policies for Windows and thresholds, online, nearline and virtual applications
- Centralize and streamline management including easy-to-use reporting, ticketing and real-time alerts through a single web-based console
With the rapidly growing bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend, security administrators also need tools to manage an onslaught of smartphones and tablets. Retina CS 3.0 now extends eEye’s existing threat assessment and vulnerability management for a growing number of mobile devices, such as phones and tablets, with new Mobile Connectors for Android, which includes the development of an Android agent for on-device vulnerability assessment and management.
Retina CS 3.0 also adds support for Microsoft’s Exchange ActiveSync. These new capabilities are in addition to the market-first solution eEye delivered for BlackBerry in 2011. Security administrators now can:
- Identify and fix vulnerabilities detected on Android mobile devices
- Manage, evaluate and report via a centralized management console that provides vulnerability assessment and reporting, ticketing and real-time alerts
- Easily inventory all devices connecting through ActiveSync, including Apple, Android, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Symbian, and HP WebOS tablet and identify OS vulnerabilities with no agent required on devices
Noted Andrew Hay, senior security analyst for 451 Research’s Enterprise Security Practice (ESP), “Despite the many advantages offered by private cloud services, the identification of threats and management of vulnerabilities continue to be a challenge. Incorporating support for widely used cloud services, in addition to the many wildcard mobile devices in today’s enterprise, greatly expand the utility and effectiveness of products like Retina CS 3.0.”
In addition to Cloud Connectors and support for additional mobile devices, other new features of Retina CS 3.0 include:
- Support for built-in patching via multiple Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) servers
- New reports in Retina Insight
- Improved scalability and performance in Retina Insight
- Better usability and flexibility, including alerts, filters, report details and Windows event monitoring with Blink/RPA 5.0
Retina CS 3.0 with support for private cloud, Android Connectors and ActiveSync now is available. For more information, including a data sheet, video overview and information on how to try Retina CS Community, please visit www.eeye.com/retina.
About eEye Digital Security
Since 1998, eEye Digital Security has made vulnerability and compliance management simpler and more efficient by providing the only unified solution that integrates assessment, mitigation, protection, and reporting into a complete offering with optional add-on modules for configuration compliance, regulatory reporting, and integrated patch management. eEye’s world-renowned research and development team is consistently the first to uncover critical vulnerabilities and build new protections into our solutions to prevent their exploit. Thousands of mid-to-large-size private sector and government organizations, including the largest vulnerability management installations in the world, rely on eEye to protect against the latest known and zero-day vulnerabilities.
Retina CS recently was awarded a five-start “Best Buy” rating in Vulnerability Assessment solutions from SC Magazine. The review can be seen at http://blog.eeye.com/general/sc-magazine-5-star-award.