ExactTarget Adds Media Icon Stan Lee, Authors to Lineup for Global Interactive Marketing Conference
Global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget announced today that Stan Lee, co-creator of Spider-Man, Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk will headline the final day of ExactTarget Connections ’11, the world’s largest interactive marketing conference.
“Stan Lee is pioneer who has revolutionized an entire industry by bringing iconic super heroes to life through his groundbreaking work at Marvel Comics”
Lee, who will discuss the power of creativity in business, joins previously announced conference speakers, including Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, CNN’s Soledad O’Brien, Best Buy Global Chief Marketing Officer Barry Judge, Best Buy Chief Technology Officer Robert Stephens, author Aron Ralston, Facebook Vice President Tom Arrix and eMarketer Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder Geoff Ramsey.
“Stan Lee is pioneer who has revolutionized an entire industry by bringing iconic super heroes to life through his groundbreaking work at Marvel Comics,” said Tim Kopp, ExactTarget’s chief marketing officer. “Stan’s personal story and his passion for creativity are a perfect addition to our lineup of world renowned speakers for Connections ’11.”
In addition to Lee, ExactTarget announced today that it has also added an Author Panel to the three-day event that is expected to attract marketers from around the globe. Authors slated to speak at Connections ’11 include:
- Chris Baggott, CEO and Cofounder, Compendium and author of Email Marketing by the Numbers
- Jay Baer, President, Convince and Convert and author of The Now Revolution
- C.C. Chapman, Founder of Digital Dads and co-author of Content Rules
- Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs and co-author of Content Rules
- Simms Jenkins, Founder and CEO, BrightWave Marketing, and author of The Truth About Email Marketing
- Jim Kukral, Founder, DigitalBookLaunch.com and author of Attention! This Book Will Make You Money
- Trey Pennington, Author of Be the Hero
- Joe Pulizzi, Founder of Content Marketing Institute and author of Get Content, Get Customers
- Aaron Strout, Author of Location-Based Marketing for Dummies
Registration is available online at Connections ’11. Marketers who register before Aug. 10 will receive $200 off the $995 registration fee. Marketers attending Connections ’11 may also register for ExactTarget’s certification session Sept. 12 in Indianapolis. The day-long program offers registrants the opportunity to earn certification in three levels – Professional, Marketer and Partner. To register or to learn more, visit www.Connections2011.com.
Connections ’11 follows ExactTarget Connections ‘10, which welcomed more than 2,000 marketers to Indianapolis and featured a lineup of industry titans including Virgin Group Founder and Chairman Sir Richard Branson, Twitter CEO Dick Costolo and a private concert from Grammy Award-winning band Train.