ExactTarget Announces Most Profitable Quarter in Company History
INDIANAPOLIS – On-demand email and one-to-one marketing solutions provider ExactTarget announced today that it posted its largest quarterly revenue in company history and added nearly 300 new direct clients in the second quarter of 2009.
The growth and record earnings for the emarketing provider marks the thirty fourth consecutive quarter of growth and fourteenth consecutive quarter of profitability for the company that welcomed new clients and key renewals in the quarter including AAA, Simon Property Group and Penske Truck Leasing.
“ExactTarget continues to provide marketers with the most reliable and sophisticated one-to-one marketing platform,” said Scott Dorsey, ExactTarget’s chief executive officer and co-founder. “Our record-breaking growth enables us to accelerate hiring and innovation to help our clients boost the ROI of their email and one-to-one programs.”
In addition to posting positive quarterly financial results, the company:
- Secured $70 million in venture capital funding in May, as part of one of the nation’s largest rounds of investment this year;
- Launched Social Forward™, the industry’s most powerful social media integration for email and posted positive results with early adopters including Papa John’s and Roadrunner Records ;
- Launched BackOffice to allow clients to submit and track help cases via the company’s 13,000+ member social network site 3sixty;
- Earned industry accolades from Microsoft , ClickZ , American Business Awards and was named to the JMP Securities’ Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies;
- Powered more than 5 billion permission-based emails through its on-demand platform with one-day email send totals topping 100 million;
- Hired more than 100 employees since the beginning of the year, bringing total company employment to more than 450.
The news of ExactTarget’s positive quarterly performance follows its posting of record-setting annual performance in 2008. Last year alone, the company added more than 1,000 new direct clients and increased global headcount by nearly 100. The company also upgraded its software-as-a-service platform in 2008 to include pre-packaged integrations with industry leaders such as Google, Microsoft, Omniture and Salesforce.com and brought online an additional data center to increase system capacity and redundancy to support the ever-growing number of business-critical emails the company sends on behalf of its clients worldwide.
ExactTarget, Inc. is a leading provider of on-demand email marketing software solutions. The company’s suite of on-demand one-to-one marketing applications enable clients to send business-critical and event triggered communications to increase sales, optimize marketing investments and strengthen customer relationships. ExactTarget offers four editions of its on-demand software application along with integrated solutions such as ExactTarget for Salesforce.com AppExchange, ExactTarget for Microsoft Dynamics CRM and ExactTarget for Omniture Genesis. ExactTarget offers a range of optimization services including support, implementation and training, integration, deliverability, account management, design and deployment and strategic consulting. ExactTarget’s software powers permission-based email communications for thousands of organizations including CareerBuilder.com, Expedia.com, Florida Power & Light, Gannett Co., Inc/USA TODAY, the Indianapolis Colts, The Home Depot, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Liberty Mutual Group, Papa John’s and Wellpoint, Inc. For more information, please visit www.exacttarget.com or call 1-866-EMAILET.