ExactTarget Launches SocialEngage, Expands Social Media Management Capabilities
Global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget announced today the global availability of SocialEngage, the next generation of its CoTweet social media management platform.
“We’ve been an industry leader in integrating social media with other interactive channels, and with the launch of SocialEngage we’re in a great position to drive new innovation and results for clients around the world.”
SocialEngage delivers expanded social media management functionality for Twitter and Facebook that builds upon CoTweet’s engagement, scalability and measurement capabilities that marketers have enjoyed for years.
The easy-to-use solution is available as a full-functioning stand-alone product and can easily be integrated with other interactive channels, such as email and mobile, to create a single view of each consumer through ExactTarget’s Interactive Marketing Hub.
“Now more than ever, social engagement is driving real business results – from generating leads to improving customer satisfaction and driving website traffic. SocialEngage is designed to support these goals, offering a unique approach that helps brands interact with their customers in the communities where they are most active,” said Tim Kopp, ExactTarget’s chief marketing officer. “We’ve been an industry leader in integrating social media with other interactive channels, and with the launch of SocialEngage we’re in a great position to drive new innovation and results for clients around the world.”
Expanded capabilities provided by SocialEngage include:
- Outbound Editorial Workflow – Enables a team of people to create content while controlling what and when that content is published. Users can create a Tweet or Facebook post which is first sent to an approver who can reject or approve the content before it goes live.
- RSS Integration – Allows marketers to take RSS feeds and post either automatically to specific Twitter and Facebook accounts or to a review queue for editorial control. Marketers can edit content to append or prepend and customize how the post appears on Twitter and Facebook.
- Exporting Conversations – Provides the ability to download data from the Inbox, Sent and Closed folders to .csv format for those that have strict compliance rules or need to conduct customer reporting and segmentation.
- SSL Security – Ensures the security of data sent via SocialEngage using encryption to avoid potential exposure.
- Cross-Channel Integration – Provides a unified view of each consumer’s interactions across email, mobile, social media and the Web, and makes data available in real time for audience segmentation and engagement.
SocialEngage serves as the foundation of ExactTarget’s social product suite along with SocialPages, an application that helps marketers create and manage branded Facebook pages.
In addition to the launch of SocialEngage, ExactTarget also announced today the addition of industry veteran Margaret Francis as vice president of social products. Francis now leads the development of ExactTarget’s social products from the company’s San Francisco Social Media Lab, helping organizations deliver more relevant and valuable brand experiences across multiple customer touch points. She previously served as vice president of products at Lithium Social Media Monitoring (formerly Scout Labs), where she led new product development strategy and delivery.
ExactTarget’s social innovations have rapidly expanded since the company’s March 2010 acquisition of CoTweet. Since the acquisition, ExactTarget has launched the industry’s first dedicated Social Media Lab to spearhead social media innovations, launched mobile applications, introduced Facebook functionality, integrated the technology with ExactTarget’s Interactive Marketing Hub and launched a global distribution partnership with NTT Communications to enter the Asia market.
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of email marketing and cross-channel interactive marketing software-as-a-service solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media and websites. ExactTarget’s powerful suite of integrated applications enable marketers to plan, automate, deliver and optimize data-driven interactive marketing and real-time communications to drive customer engagement, increase sales and improve return on marketing investment. For more information, visit www.ExactTarget.com.