Exinda Ramps Up as Market Embraces WAN Assurance Solutions that Dramatically Improve End-User Experience
Exinda, a global provider of WAN optimization and application performance assurance solutions, recorded a breakthrough year in 2011 as customers embraced the company’s WAN optimization 2.0 solutions, and has continued to build on that momentum into 2012.
In 2011, year-on-year revenues grew 116%, significantly outpacing market growth. The company also doubled its market share in the WAN optimization space and increased market penetration, bolstered by strong international growth and a deepening penetration into high-value vertical markets.
“Acceleration and compression have become table stakes capabilities in the rapidly growing WAN optimization market as customers now demand performance assurance as the key value that enables them to radically improve the user experience — wherever their users are located,” said Michael Sharma, CEO of Exinda. “Exinda’s success over the past 18 months is a testament to our ability to provide our customers with actionable intelligence and dynamic policies they can leverage to assure their network’s performance.”
Key 2011 highlights for the company include:
- More than 600 new customer acquisitions; one-third of which Exinda displaced incumbent competitors.
- An 82% year-on-year increase in the number of deals, with the average deal size growing 18%.
- Explosive revenue growth in global markets following investment in international personnel, channel development and technical resources throughout EMEA and Asia-Pacific. Asia-Pacific alone saw triple-digit growth.
- Recognized leadership in key vertical industry segments. For example, eight out of the 10 leading international hotel brands run on the Exinda Hospitality Network, and more than 6 million students rely on the Exinda Learning Network.
- The addition of more than 100 new partners to existing global business relationships, extending market reach.
- Maturing market acceptance for its Exinda 360 Dynamic Policy Engine, furthered by the introduction of virtual appliances for WAN optimization, providing customers maximum deployment flexibility.
To sustain its aggressive growth strategy throughout 2012, Exinda has already made significant strides, securing a new $12 million funding round (see: Exinda Raises $12M in Series B Funding to Fuel Accelerated Growth) and making several key senior executive appointments to strengthen its management team. IT marketing expert Nolan Rosen has joined the team as CMO, industry veteran Jack Nash as CTO, and Rajeev Mitroo as VP sales to head up Exinda’s growing Asia-Pacific and Japanoperations.
Rosen boasts a pedigree in marketing leadership at successful global enterprise IT businesses, including Vignette, Novell and LANDesk. Nash brings 25 years of technology, program management and engineering experience in network infrastructure, telecommunications, security and WAN optimization. Prior to Exinda, Nash held executive and leadership positions at Kraft Foods, Cadbury, British Telecom, Infonet, Blue Coat, AT&T and MCI. Mitroo was previously regional managing director for Blue Coat, and has held senior management positions at SAP, Volera, Vignette and Intel.
“We expect 2012 to be a watershed year for Exinda, and we’re in a very healthy place to continue to capitalize on opportunities as they present themselves,” Sharma said.
Exinda has also announced the availability of the Exinda Edge, a new standard of WAN Optimization solutions architected specifically to assure performance for branch office networks.
Exinda will showcase its Exinda Edge performance assurance solution for branch networks at Booth 1121 at Interop May 8-10, 2012, at the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas.
Exinda is a proven global supplier of next-generation WAN optimization and application acceleration products. The company has helped more than 2,500 organizations in over 80 countries worldwide improve the end user experience, manage application performance, manage congestion over the WAN and reduce network operating costs for the IT executive. For more information, please visit http://www.exinda.com.