Healthcare Software Company Kareo Introduces Free Customer Support
Kareo, Inc., the leading provider of easy and affordable web-based medical billing software for physicians in the United States, announced today the availability of free support for all customers, eliminating the additional fee previously charged for customer support. The new program is the latest in a series of customer service enhancements this year, which also included tripling customer support headcount, extending support and training hours, and creating professional training courses and documentation. In connection with this announcement, Kareo has promoted James Armijo to VP of Customer Support.
“Kareo has long been known for its intuitive and innovative product,” said Dan Rodrigues, Founder and CEO of Kareo. “Now we’re striving to earn a reputation for industry leading customer service by making our support more accessible to all customers, improving response times, providing effective training and documentation, and simplifying and accelerating the setup process.”
Key customer service enhancements in 2011:
- Introduced free email & chat support to all customers and eliminated the additional $99/mo. support fee
- Tripled headcount in customer service to improve the quality of interactions and support its rapid growth
- Extended customer support hours to Mon-Fri from 6am-5pm PT to better serve our east coast customers
- Launched live chat to provide customers with an additional real-time customer support option
- Built a guided setup wizard in the product to simplify and accelerate the setup process
- Doubled the number of training webinars each week and introduced early morning webinars
- Hired a professional trainer to create a library of self-paced video training courses
- Hired a professional technical writer to develop product documentation and other self-help content
- Added account managers to offer more proactive support to high volume users
- Established [email protected] email address that customers can use to contact the CEO
The recent customer service enhancements have resulted in a 325% increase in customer satisfaction over the past 6 months as measured by the industry standard Net Promoter Score (NPS) based on customer responses to monthly surveys.
“Our transition to Kareo was greatly enhanced by the helpfulness and timeliness of their support team,” said James Davidson, MD of Willoughby, Ohio. “During our transition, we quickly learned that Kareo’s trainers made themselves available during and after webinars to answer our questions. The friendly and helpful answers moved us along quickly. We had a number of questions and issues in the first couple months, but now we often go months without seeking assistance. All of our issues have been resolved, usually within a day or two. Although we opted for email support, in several instances a Kareo support representative called or provided a contact phone number to more efficiently resolve an issue. The level of professionalism has been superb and Kareo has support personnel that truly understand the program, medical billing, and are based here in the U.S.”
By the end of this year, Kareo will also introduce a redesigned enrollment process for electronic claims, remittance and real-time eligibility services and a new online help center with a searchable knowledgebase of self-help content, videos, and answers to frequently asked questions for the company’s knowledgeable customer support team.