Retail Veteran Walter F. Loeb to Chair Zmags Retail Advisory Board
- Zmags, the global leader in SaaS-based, rich media merchandising and analytics solutions with more than 3,000 customers worldwide, today announced that Walter F. Loeb is joining as the first member and chair of the company’s Retail Advisory Board.
- The Zmags Retail Advisory Board will be comprised of senior retail executives, visionaries and thought leaders who will provide ongoing advice and guidance about the optimization of mobile commerce offerings for retailers and retail brands.
- Loeb is currently president of Loeb Associates, Inc., the management consultancy founded in 1990 to advise domestic and international retail companies. He was also the creator and publisher of the widely acclaimed Loeb Retail Letter first launched in 1990.
- Loeb was a principal of Morgan Stanley from 1974 to 1990. He covered the universe of the retail market and consumer spending for institutional investors.
- Loeb served as a director at the National Retail Federation, Inc. Additionally, he was a director of ProfitLogic, Gymboree Corp., Wet Seal, Hudson Bay and Federal Realty Investment among others.
- Additional prior retail industry experience includes various executive positions with Macy’s, the May Department Stores and Allied Stores.
- “Mr. Loeb is a true retail visionary, and his understanding of the retail marketplace is unmatched in the industry,” saidSean Ford, COO and CMO, Zmags. “The development of an experienced Retail Advisory Board underscores our commitment to retail and retail marketers as we help them mobilize their merchandise and monetize their brands. We are honored to have Mr. Loeb supporting us in this effort.”
- “Developing the mobile channel is one of the greatest opportunities for retailers today,” said Loeb. “Being able to extend the in-store brand experience to an iPad or an iPhone without compromising the quality of that experience is extremely powerful. Zmags understands this, and I’m delighted to be advising them on their retail mobile strategy and helping to define the next frontier for retail.”
Zmags Corp is the global leader in SaaS-based, rich media merchandising and analytics. With more than 3,000 of the world’s leading brands in the retail, fashion, e-commerce and consumer products industries, Zmags enables its customers to mobilize their merchandizing and capture the value of their brand experience across social, tablet and mobile commerce channels. For more information visit www.zmags.com