Skytap Selected as a Top 10 Cloud Computing Startup
SearchCloudComputing Recognizes Skytap for Product Innovation, Customer Adoption and Usage Growth
SEATTLE, WASH. – August 30, 2010 – Skytap, Inc., the leading provider of self-service cloud automation solutions, today announced it was named a top 10 cloud computing startup by SearchCloudComputing. This ranking represents the fourth accolade Skytap has achieved this year based on its cloud leadership and innovation. Recent recognitions include:
- July 2010 – Skytap selected as a winner of Red Herring’s North America 100 award
- June 2010 – Skytap named to the 2010 SD Times 100 list alongside Amazon, Google and salesforce.com
- April 2010 – Skytap chosen as an OnDemand Top 100 winner by AlwaysOn Network
Skytap will demonstrate its Skytap Cloud service at VMworld 2010 in booth #1432, and qualified customers can request a free trial of Skytap.
According to SearchCloudComputing, “Skytap has seen tremendous success with its virtual lab in the cloud that lets users run demonstration and development environments. Its customers are finding new uses for it, including setting up virtual training classrooms. Skytap also allows users to create hybrid clouds in their data centers, ensuring that the company has at least a toe in the private cloud market that’s all the rage nowadays.”
In addition to securing multiple top rankings and awards, recent Skytap product milestones include:
- August 2010 – Introduced organizational management capabilities to accelerate business adoption
- March 2010 – Unveiled breakthrough network automation capabilities that simplify and accelerate the creation, migration and deployment of multi-tier enterprise applications
- March 2010 – Announced availability of Skytap in the Google Apps Marketplace™
“The honors we’ve received over the last year highlight our commitment to delivering value to customers through Skytap’s market leading cloud automation platform,” said Scott Roza, CEO of Skytap. “By empowering business and functional users with 100% self-service access to cloud services, and providing cloud visibility and control to IT, Skytap consistently accelerates the transformation to the cloud for any business.”
About Skytap, Inc.
Skytap is the leading provider of self-service cloud automation solutions for dynamic workloads. Skytap enables users to run enterprise applications unchanged in the cloud, collaborate securely with global teams, and gain unparalleled business productivity. Additionally, IT organizations can gain visibility and control over cloud projects, align capacity with demand, and reduce costs by 70% or more. Enterprises can securely connect Skytap to their data centers and create hybrid clouds. Skytap is ideal for any dynamic workload including application development, testing, virtual training, ERP migration and sales demonstration projects. To buy or learn more, visit www.skytap.com.