W. Sean Ford Joins Zmags Corp. as COO and CMO
• Zmags, the global leader in rich media merchandising and analytics solutions with more than 3,000customers worldwide, today announced that W. Sean Ford is joining the company as COO and CMO.
• Ford will oversee global marketing strategy and operations, product management, customer support and corporate recruiting for Zmags, reporting to Zmags’ President and CEO Michael Schreck.
• As former vice president of Oracle’s Global Business Unit Marketing and as CMO of Syncsort, Ford brings more than 17 years of global business marketing and retail expertise that will support Zmags’ mission to provide the world’s most progressive marketers with the ability to deliver e-commerce-enabled, rich media experiences to their customers, and to monetize their brands.
• Ford and Schreck are reuniting after their successful partnership as co-founders of Upromise.
• Prior to joining Zmags, Ford served as the CMO of Syncsort, where he was the leader in global marketing strategy and execution, marketing communications, product marketing, partner and channel marketing, customer marketing, and education and training. He has also held the position of vice president, Global Business Unit Marketing at Oracle, where he was responsible for global marketing and strategy for Oracle’s vertical industries, including retail.
• Ford holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and graduated with a BA from Williams College.
• “Sean is a proven world-class marketer and leader, and I know he will make a massive contribution to our continuing global growth,” said Schreck. “Sean’s deep expertise in the retail software industry, combined with his marketing and overall business savvy, make him a significant addition to our executive team.”
• “Harnessing and integrating the potential of mobile, social, and tablet commerce without compromising the brand experience is the next frontier of opportunity for retailers, e-commerce executives and marketing professionals,” said Ford. “Zmags is well positioned – both in terms of talent and technology – to lead the next wave of mobile merchandising solutions, and I am thrilled to be a part of the Zmags team.”
Zmags Corp is the global leader in SaaS-based rich media merchandising and analytics. With more than 3,000 of the world’s leading brands in the retail, fashion, e-commerce and consumer products industries, Zmags enables its customers to mobilize their merchandizing and capture the value of their brand experience across social, tablet and mobile commerce channels. For more information visit www.zmags.com