8 Benefits of Having Company Aspirations
November 24, 2010
This is a part of a series that was created to help you define what you aspire to be as a company. This series will walk through the process, necessary roles, in addition to guides for each role to define your aspirations quickly.
As your company grows, you need to be able to communicate who you are to new and existing employees and other stakeholders – company aspirations help you do this. Company aspirations help everyone in the company guide their activities, behaviors, and decisions.
When aspirations are well expressed and baked into a company’s culture, they help you to:
- Hire the people who best fit your aspirations
- Help the “right-fit” people know that you are the best company to work for
- Help the “wrong-fit” people know that your company is not the right company for them
- Inspire your staff
- Separate staff that are not aligned with your aspirations
- Give guidance for the millions of activities, behaviors, and decisions that are made in your company every week
- Enable your product market participants to understand where you’re going, why you exist, and what is important to you
- Inspire your product market participants to purchase and use your products and services.
An aspirations-driven company gives the people, both inside and surrounding the company, extreme clarity on what to expect and what is expected, which helps you accelerate at a higher velocity toward your goals.
Next week, I’ll explain why aspirations are a company level strategy.