B2B Social Media: Timing your Marketing Efforts Properly
A few weeks ago, HubSpot hosted a webinar on The Science of Timing which was easily the most informative webinar I have ever attended. I left the webinar with actionable next steps and great ideas to implement in our online marketing strategy.
Here are my key takeaways from this awesome webinar:
- Retweets increase later in the day – tweet more then
- Don’t be afraid to post over the weekend – schedule tweets for that time
- Those with the most followers tweet an average of 22 times/day – don’t be afraid to tweet too much!
- It is OK to tweet the same link multiple times – use a different teaser so it doesn’t get repetitive
- Weekends are best for Facebook sharing – remember many people cannot access Facebook while at work
- Morning is when most people read email so send your emails earlier in the day so they can read them before leaving the house
- Open rates are highest on the weekend when there is less competition and CTRs are higher on the weekend
- Don’t be afraid to email more than once a week – unsubscribe rates don’t increase that much and other results remain about the same
- Unsubscribes are not a bad thing! They are doing you a favor by making your list better
- Men read blogs at night; women read blogs in the morning
- Blogs are read more during the week than on weekends
- Blogs published at 10am get the most views
- Comments spike on Saturday and Sunday and early in the morning
- Links are the highest for blog posts on Monday and Thursday
These are great tips to implement into your content marketing strategy and I really recommend that all marketers view the webinar. Hopefully through implementing a few small changes we will all be driving website traffic and engagement at a higher rate!
B2B brand and product positioning will only continue to become more important with the rise of the End User Era.