What Is Post-Click Marketing?
March 30, 2010
You got the visitor to your site, now what? The answer is post-click marketing. Take a look at The Seven Principles of Post-Click Marketing, which explain the principles according to Ion Interactive. The principles are:
- Conversion Paths- the path the visitor takes is important
- Message Matching- match the post-click message to the click message
- Segmenting- match the path and messages based on visitor segment
- Qualification- score the visitor and qualify them
- Conversion- convert the right visitors
- Testing- test different ideas to see what works best
- Analysis- optimization is an analytical game…make sure that you have a fact-based optimization!
I like the ideas and principles quite a lot and this group has a very useful newsletter as well. The major point to this in my view is that your lead generation services team and influence marketing team has put a lot of time and resource into getting visitors to “click” and there is a great knowledge base of best practices forming to optimize the post-click marketing process.
btw, if you want to know how to do this well, take a look at Conversion Optimization is All About Agility.