OpenView’s Q4 B2B Marketing Workshop: A Whirlwind of Actionable Ideas for 2013
Last week, OpenView hosted a “B2B Marketing Workshop” for the Senior Marketers and Demand Generation Leaders in the portfolio. The one-day session led by thought leader Brian Carroll of MECLABS, covered a lot of material in a short time period (as you can clearly see below), but our portfolio leaders (as usual) brought their “A-game”, ready to both absorb and share best practices with one another.
As we wrap up 2012 and head into a new year it is important that expansion-stage marketing teams get clarity and create actionable game-plans to optimize the following items, which (not so coincidentally) made up our workshop agenda:
Building the foundation of your lead generation program
- Who are you targeting? Identifying buyer personas
- Creating the killer value proposition
- Delivering the message with high quality content
Mastering Essential Lead Generation
- Inbound marketing tactics
- Outbound marketing
- How to select your lead generation mix
Uncovering Qualified Leads
- Bridging the gap between Marketing and Sales
- Identifying the marketing-sales funnel
- Finding the gold: Identifying and qualifying leads
- Harvesting high quality leads with nurturing programs
- Lead generation analysis
- Automation analysis
- Metrics that matter
- Delivering marketing value to the C-Suite
- A note on marketing leadership
Our portfolio attendees all walked away from the workshop with MECLAB’s VERY robust handbook that covered all of the B2B Marketing best practices, templates, etc. discussed during the sessions (and then some!), but here are some additional content resources referenced throughout the day that could be helpful to you:
- Video: 15 Years of Research in 11 Minutes – shows the inverted funnel (Dr. Flint McGlaughlin)
- www.marketingsherpa.com (free case studies)
- www.marketingexperiments.com ($10 million of free research available on optimizing marketing)
- Blog: Why 75% of Marketers Are Experiencing Lead Generation Pain and How to Stop It Before It’s Too Late (Brian Carroll)
- Video: Discovering Your Value Proposition (Dr. Flint McGlaughlin)
- Blog: B2B Social Media Marketing: Focus on Leads, Not Likes (Andrea Johnson)
- Video: Quick Win Clinic (Part I) The 5 Easiest Changes to Make to Your Landing Pages Right Now (Dr. Flint McGlaughlin, Brian Carroll and others)
- Video: Learn a Data-driven Optimization Process that Reduced Cost-per-lead by More Than 60% in One Month (Brian Carroll, MECLABS & Nicolette Dease, MECLABS)
And of course, the event kicked off with a cocktail reception the evening before in our Studio space to encourage portfolio marketers to mingle, make the connection, and perhaps even talk best practices over some frosty brews!
Cheers to a great Q4, B2B Marketers!
We’re excited to lead Buildkite’s $28M AUD Series A and support the Buildkite team as they strive to be a force multiplier for development teams.
“The path of least resistance is the path of the loser,” according to author H.G. Wells. Yet time and time again we see that humans are all guilty of opting for the easier path.