Remarkable Selling: 23 Inspiring Quotes from the Top Sales Influencers Online
When we compiled our list of the Top Sales Influencers for 2013, we couldn’t resist asking some of the industry’s most insightful thought leaders to tell us what drives them.
The result is this remarkable collection of inspirational sales quotes from experts including Jill Konrath, Jonathan Farrington, S. Anthony Iannarino, Mike Weinberg, and many more.
Some were passed down from cherished mentors, while others were learned the hard way, firsthand. Some helped these experts get to the top of their game, while others kept them going during the tough times — when they may have wanted to quit but didn’t.
Each quote offers a personal piece of sales wisdom you can adopt as your own. Whether you’re just getting started or you’re an industry vet, we hope you’ll find something here that motivates you, challenges you, or simply reminds you of what you love about selling in the first place.
After all — as these quotes affirm — sales can be one of the most challenging gigs there is. But it can also be one of the most rewarding.
Share your favorite quote by clicking the “Tweet this quote” links below.
Have a great piece of sales advice?
Add it to the comments section and share it on Twitter using the hashtag: #SalesQuotes
We’ll be giving the best reader-submitted quotes a visual treatment and adding them to the collection!
1) “Find a mentor & be a mentor. Everyone needs a go-to person in their life.” Tweet this quote from @bridgegroupinc
2) “Instead of trying to sound interesting to others, be interested in them.” Tweet this quote from @brianjcarroll
3) “Develop skills and tool sets that make you better than the best and faster than the rest.” Tweet this quote from @gerhard20
4) “Being right doesn’t mean you win. You win by establishing credibility, a relationship, and trust.” Tweet this quote from @davidbrock
5) “Trust is the foundation of every relationship. Never compromise your ability to build & maintain trust.” Tweet this quote from @milesaustin
6) “By far the best way to influence people is to start by really listening to them.”Tweet this quote from @CharlesHGreen
7) “Focus on having the maximum impact in every client interaction.” Tweet this quote from @jillkonrath
8) “Prospects equal options. Master prospecting and you will be the master of your sales destiny.” Tweet this quote from @TiborShanto
9) “Call the leads that fell through the cracks. There’s never a reason to let a lead pass you by.” Tweet this quote from @KendraLeeKLA
10) “Don’t be afraid to try something new and unproven.” Tweet this quote from @annekeseley
11) “Every once and a while take a relaxing break. When you come back your judgement will be better.” Tweet this quote from @scoremoresales
12) “Read, read, and read some more. Knowledge and information solve almost every problem.” Tweet this quote from @keenan
13) “You should never allow someone else to dictate your sales process.” Tweet this quote from @mike_weinberg
14) “When I hit the wall I go learn something new. That picks me up and gets me going again.” Tweet this quote from @kenkrogue
15) “When things aren’t going well, call your best customer…someone you have helped.” Tweet this quote from @TheSalesHunter
16) “Bad prospects are not like wine. They do not grow old gracefully.” Tweet this quote from @CFrancis
17) “If you’re chasing an opportunity you’re likely to lose qualify out early before you waste any more time.” Tweet this quote from @bobapollo
18) “Only take a lost sale personally when you made the relationship too personal too soon.” Tweet this quote from @CoachLee
19) “Salespeople are so used to rejection that we can see it where it doesn’t exist.” Tweet this quote from @sellingtools
20) “Don’t carry the hurt & failures from the past into the future. Learn to discard them & move on.” Tweet this quote from @TopSalesWorld
21) “No one can ever master sales. It’s a philosophy. There is always more to learn.” Tweet this quote from @SalesArchitects
22) “It’s about caring enough to create value for customers. If you get that part right, selling is easy.” Tweet this quote from @iannarino
23) “Sales is like learning to swim. If you want to learn you’re going to have to get wet.” Tweet this quote from @ianbrodie
What’s the best sales advice you’ve ever received?
Let us know and you could see your quote added to the collection! Share it in the comments section or on Twitter with the hashtag: #SalesQuotes
Photo by: Susanne Nilsson
Free 12-part email course: Get the essential tips, tactics, and time-saving tools you need to manage a team that always hits its numbers
The difference between good and great is smaller than you think. When companies work continuously to close that gap, they thrive. Here’s how ZoomInfo did it.