Scaling Sales Channels and Teams: The Ultimate SaaS Sales Resources Guide
November 9, 2021
Once dominated by relationships, sales today (especially SaaS sales) are equally propelled by technology. With the broad adoption of CRM, the rise of the sales tech stack, and the advent of social selling and other digital sales channels, the sales landscape has shifted dramatically.
This guide is here to help you get your sales operation up and running. We’ve curated a collection of articles on all things sales, from innovative twists on hiring sales talent to expert advice on how to build the best in-house sales teams and technology stack.
We hope this expert advice helps you on your journey towards building a world-class sales team.
Interviewing / Hiring Your Sales Team
- How to Hire the Right VP of Sales for Your Startup: Sales leaders with a solid track record can be the hardest to hire. Before you start your search, you have to get clear on what you’re searching for. You may also want to consider some new interview approaches, all of which we outline in this article.
- Ultimate Guide to B2B Sales and Hiring and Management: Whether you’re a first-time sales manager looking for leadership tips or you’re working out how to adapt to a remote sales life, we’ve got you covered. We also walk you through all the classic stuff, like hiring, compensation, onboarding etc.
Sales Coaching Dos and Don’ts
- 4 Questions You’re Not Asking During Your Sales Coaching 1:1s (But Probably Should):Behind every sales team is a confidence sales coach. Here are a few tips on how you can provide the best support to sales team members.
- Establishing Data-Driven 1:1s as a Sales Manager: Reviewing pipeline opportunities and closed deals should be a regular practice. Here’s how to incorporate KPIs into weekly 1:1s with your sales reports.
Scaling SaaS Sales
- Stripe’s Jeanne DeWitt Grosser on Buffalo, Whales, and Scaling Sales: In just five years, Jeanne DeWitt Grosser grew Stripe’s sales team to about 200 folks in the U.S. and 500 globally. Here’s how.
- Pro Tips on Scaling an Enterprise Sales Organization: How do you make a sales team grow? With patience and perseverance, and these tips.
SaaS Sales Channels & Methodologies
- Three Metrics to Measure Sales and Marketing Alignment & Improve Organizational Transparency: Sometimes a broken funnel on the inside is worse than one on the outside. Here’s how you can make sure that internal teams are collaborating their way to mutual success (and sales).
- 5 Reasons Your B2B Sales Team Need Account-Based Marketing: What’s ABM and how does it help your organization grow? Don’t fret, we’ve got the answers for you right here.
Integrating Sales with Product-Led Growth
- How to Pair Sales with Self-Service for Maximum Impact: There’s a myth that sales and product-led growth don’t mix, but our own VP of Growth Sam Richard is here to tell you why that isn’t true.
- Your Product Sells Itself. Now Hire Sales: Even companies that were famous for their “no sales” strategy (a.k.a Atlasssian) now have a sales team. What caused the shift in mindset? We ask the people behind the change.
- Figma’s Kyle Parrish on Using Brand Stewardship to Integrate Sales and PLG: Further proof that sales and PLG are meant to be is this post featuring our interview with Kyle Parrish, VP of Sales at Figma.